Re: [OM] Self-Healing Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] Self-Healing Camera
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 12:46:55 -0500
At 12:21 AM 5/19/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> Anyway, please share my joy, but anybody else run into anything like this?

Joel,
I think you asked the list about this a while back.
Anyway, I have run into this problem with my OM-4 and, for me, it is an
early sign of failing batteries.  The camera works fine w/out mirror
lock-up, but the mirror lock-up requires to much power for the failing
batts.

If it is not the batts, then I would be eager to know what else it could be.

--p.j.

 Hi P.J.,

I know what you mean, as that is usually how I discover my batts are shot, but this is different. A self-timer on dying batts just comes to the point where the shutter should open and close and then does nothing. This malfunction causes the beeping and flashing to go on and on and on, though with a slight degradation of the beeping sound.

Joel W.