Re: [OM] ( OT ) Customs documents

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OT ) Customs documents
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 16:55:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Haven't some of our Canadian friends have made the same complaint about UPS?

In the past UPS has been quite bad, usually charging C$20+ brokerage fee
in addition to all the taxes.  FedEx is a little better, but still a lot
more than the C$5 that the post office charges.  However, it seems UPS may
have have changed.  I received a package about a month ago that was sent
UPS ground and the brokerage fee on this package was only C$7!  That was a
big surprise, I was expecting to be gouged for C$20+.  The UPS ground rate
was almost the same as the post office surface rate and it got here in a week
instead of four weeks.  I have another package arriving this week via UPS
ground so we'll see if their reasonable fees continue.  If they do, then UPS
ground to Canada may be a good thing.  It'll cost about the same as the
post office but it'll get here much faster.  It's also tracked too.
                                -mark