Re: [OM] ( OT ) Customs documents

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OT ) Customs documents
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 21:13:14 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 5:55 PM

> On Sat, 18 May 2002, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>
> > Haven't some of our Canadian friends have made the same complaint about
UPS?

> In the past UPS has been quite bad, usually charging C$20+ brokerage fee
> in addition to all the taxes.  FedEx is a little better, but still a lot
> more than the C$5 that the post office charges.  However, it seems UPS may
> have have changed.  I received a package about a month ago that was sent
> UPS ground and the brokerage fee on this package was only C$7!  That was a
> big surprise, I was expecting to be gouged for C$20+.  The UPS ground rate
> was almost the same as the post office surface rate and it got here in a
week
> instead of four weeks.  I have another package arriving this week via UPS
> ground so we'll see if their reasonable fees continue.  If they do, then
UPS
> ground to Canada may be a good thing.  It'll cost about the same as the
> post office but it'll get here much faster.  It's also tracked too.
> -mark

I had one package come by UPS, never again. They charged $75 cdn. for
brokerage. Plus it took about two months to come from California to NB,
Canada. I followed the tracking online. It came into Canada, then back into
the states, then back into Canada. The final delivery guy did smile. That
was about the only good part of the transaction.
Wayne