Re: [OM] Holy cow!

Subject: Re: [OM] Holy cow!
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 08:26:50 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 21 May 2002 15:16, T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Which actually reminds me: anoyone (but John and Clint in particular) who
>has seen an OM body litteraly "worn out". Not just with one or two broken
>parts, or broken due to abuse, but genuinely worn out from pulling too
>many films through it. To the point where all the mecanics is beyond
>repair?

I almost bought an OM-2n camera from an older gentleman that
was completely "worn out".  I bought it, took it to a local
repair shop for evaluation, knowing that the camera is already
worn beyond belief.  The repair person took one look at it
and told me to go get my money back.  Which is exactly what I
did.  The camera was so worn that it is not just "brassing",
but bare metal was showing everywhere.  The battery cover is
completely stripped and the repair person had a hard time
taking it off.  The rewind crank was flopping around, even the
gears were slipping.  There were no signs of abuse, it was
just used beyond repair.