Re: [OM] Introducing myself (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Introducing myself (long)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 06:30:39 +0100
Welcome Carlos

That is quite a serious photographic history for one so young ;-).

You mentioned that your heart was with the 40/2; well, there is one
for sale in MXV in the UK for "only" £295 (GBP).  You might find it
on their website http://mxvphotographic.com.  For myself, I prefer to
wait until I find someone selling one untainted with the current
value... :>).  I bought my last one for less than £85 (GBP).

Speaking of which little lens, I have just spent a short weekend
break in Norfolk on the coast.  I used my XA and my OM1N with 40/2
attached exclusively.  I tried using my Sigma 400, but it was just
too difficult to focus and hold without a tripod.  When I have
developed the shots, I shall post them as the quality of the 40/2 is
sometimes debated on this List.

Chris