RE: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Where should I weekend.
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:34:36 -0600
> Paris?  Oxford?  Cambridge?
>
> I know which one I'd select.  I can get Oxford or Cambridge in
> Boston.  Paris?  That's a planet all it's own.

 Oh, certainly -- and you can get from London to Paris on the train, even,
to avoid flight hassles. (though depending on the next step onwards this may
or may not be a benefit).

 As for getting Oxford in Boston, I'm sure there may be architecture that
looks vaguely similar, but if you want a real sense of age, there's no
comparison. (that said, if you just want old stuff, _Colchester_ beats them
all, and I wouldn't really recommend that as any sort of tourist
destination)

 -- dan

 (oh, and re: "all it's own": http://www.angryflower.com/bobsqu.gif doesn't
quite cover it, but I still think it's funny)