Re: [OM] Where should I weekend

Subject: Re: [OM] Where should I weekend
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 01:15:39 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 21 May 2002, Andy Gilbert wrote:

> Tom Scales Wrote:
>

> > So, the question.  Where is SOMEWHERE?
>
> >>Has to be Paris.  A short hop from London, plenty to see & photograph,
> fine wine & food, beautiful women......
> We've been recently, I can suggest things to do & photograph should you
> decide. Only problem is you have so little time :(

Well, I do not know if Tom has been to Paris before, but the standard
touristic itinery involving a set of the most interresting sights can
actually be done in two half days.

The first half day starts at Jardin de Tuileries, seeing Louvre from the
outside (you need at least a week to see the inside anyways). From there
to Place de Concorde (walking distance) and up Champs Elysees to Arc de
Triumph. Around there, a small walk to see some of the parisian high-end
neighborhood. Jump into the metro and go to La Defence and see the
"modern" part with a good view.

Next half day starts at Gare d'Austerlitz, walking on the south side of
the Seine to the church of Notre Dame. A nice walk both day and
evening. Once at Notre Dame, get a boat cruise to see everything to the
Eiffel Tower, climb that and grap your oyster and champagne ;) Or go
something a little cheaper and grap a coffee :)

That covers a good section of the touristic stuff. Of course, there are at
least million more interresting things to do. However with only two days,
I'd suggest not rushing and allowing myself to sit sip something on a
sidewalk cafe observing life as it passes by....

Anyways, it's going to be interresting to see what Tom decides :)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx