Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again

Subject: Re: [OM] Digital Back, Again
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 16:20:54 -0700
Andy:

I think that the Contax N series of lenses were supposed to be designed
with digital photography in mind.  Popular Photography had a review of
the Zeiss 50 mm f/1.4 in the last issue, and had a discussion on this
aspect of the design.

Ultimately, I think that this will be a marketing/economics decision.
Eventually, it (an OM-compatible digital back) *could be* done, but it
won't be done.  The digital Olympus will have AF, and will be completely
OM-incompatible.

My Scientific Wild-Assed Guess (SWAG).

Bill Stanke