[OM] Digital Back, Again

Subject: [OM] Digital Back, Again
From: "Andy Gilbert" <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 21:04:19 +0100
C.H.Ling Wrote:

Don't expect normal Contax 35mm system lenses can be used on this
digital camera, it only use the N1 series lens, that means you need to
redo from start even you own many Contax old lenses.

>> Yes, I see. However there has been much talk lately along the lines that
it isn't economical to have a CCD the size of a 35mm film, or the angle is
wrong or something.  Maybe I'm missing the point here, but surely what we
need is a CCD this size at the film plane.  Sure the electronics will take
up some room, but it CAN be done, right?  I just want the option of
capturing straight to digital using my OM gear.  If Olympus made it I'd even
buy it new!

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon