Re: [OM] battery problem (?) with motor drive 2

Subject: Re: [OM] battery problem (?) with motor drive 2
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 13:13:56 -0500
The MD-2 is quite difficult to open without tearing the circuit -- it's the sort
of thing that takes at least four hands, if you don't know how!  (This may be
the problem, BTW -- someone may have opened it and tore the flex -- it's rather
thin, akin to what other cameras like C*n*n and N*k*n use, not typical of
Olympus.)

First you'll need to remove the plate with the contacts that couple it to the
power supply -- once the covers are separated, the portion of the flexible
circuit that goes to the contacts has to be carefully tucked so that it comes
out through the opening, then it can be turned sideways and slipped back out
with the pad intact (no need to unsolder it).  There's one wire (brown, I think)
that connects the battery holder to the circuit that has to be unsoldered.