Re: [OM] 24mm Tamron vs Vivitar

Subject: Re: [OM] 24mm Tamron vs Vivitar
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 12:30:51 +0200
I had a Tamron 24/2.5, and I didn't like it. It was very soft wide open,
had poor sharpness at the smallest apertures (say, f/16) and was extremely
flare-prone -- though in the viewfinder it hardly showed any ghosting!
However, in the middle range of apertures (around 5.6-8) it rendered nice
pictures.

I have no experience with the Vivitar, but I don't recall a 24/2.0. Maybe
it's the 24/2.8? I believe that was a very affordable lens, so perhaps is
not a stellar performer. However, at GBP 43 it should be a better value
than the Tamron. Your mileage may vary, anyway.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>