[OM] OM-4T Anomaly

Subject: [OM] OM-4T Anomaly
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 09:50:12 -0800
While shooting some photos yesterday using my OM-4T and 85/2 (and a Winder 2
mounted, although I don't think that has anything to do with this),
something odd happened. This lens is fairly new to me and yesterday was the
first day I used it extensively. I noticed that the depth-of-field preview
felt slightly "different" from my other lenses. Not stiff or anything like
that, but almost as if there were a slight "detent" part way through its
travel.

So while thinking about how I wanted to compose my next shot I'm idly
playing with the DOF button... push-release-push-release-push-*thwack!* Huh?
That sounded like the shutter firing. Couldn't have, could it? It did!
Hmmm... I must have hit the shutter release or the Winder button somehow...

Couple of frames later... push-release-push-release-(this DOF button still
seems a bit weird feeling)-push-release-*thwack!* OK, I was nowhere near the
shutter button or winder button this time. Playing with the DOF preview
button is firing the shutter.

Any ideas, anyone? I have no clue how cycling the DOF button could trigger
the shutter.

---
Scott Gomez