Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire and Luton was Re: [OM] TOPE and UK repa

Subject: Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire and Luton was Re: [OM] TOPE and UK repair shops
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:23:04 +0200
Den/At 02-05-27 10.45 skrev/wrote "Sam Shiell"
<[sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]>:

> "Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire"

To shred some light in this discussion I turned to my reference books upon
the meaning of location names. The books are "The meaning of Liff" and "The
deeper meaning of Liff (A dictionary of things that there aren't any word
for yet)" by Douglas Adams & John Lloyd. To my disappointment, this place is
not listed.

But Luton was explained as
Luton (n); The horseshoe-shaped rug which goes round a lavatory seat.

So now you know!

// Johan -- with a smile