[OM] Size of Kiron/Vivitar wide angle lens

Subject: [OM] Size of Kiron/Vivitar wide angle lens
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 10:46:48 -0600
I'm pondering whether I should buy some non-Olympus lenses.  But
the practical person in me rears his ugly head and wonders whether
the lens will fit into an Olympus hard case.  I'm looking at Kiron 24mm
and 28mm lenses.  I think Kiron made the lenses for Vivitar, so my
query also concerns Vivitar lenses.  The f2.0 lenses use 55mm filters,
so maybe they are too large for a typical Olympus case like a common
28mm f3.5.  Does anyone here own one?  Does it fit into an Olympus
hard case?  I'm not so worried about length, but width, i.e. whether the
lens will even fit into the case.  Yes, Virginia, size does matter.

Pete