[OM] arc in images, OM-4, 85mm

Subject: [OM] arc in images, OM-4, 85mm
From: Wim Verheyen <wimwim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:53:39 +0200
Well thanks for all the helpful replies.

I have only seen this with my OM-4 body (not a Ti, but with T-circuits).
But then I don't use my OM-2sp very often.
And I have never seen it with my old OM-40.

I don't personally think there is a hair in the camera or a lens.
I would see it with other lenses too if it were a hair in the camera, I suppose.
And I would see it at all shutter speeds if it were a hair in a lens.

But then again, the longer focal lenses have a bigger glass surface at the
back element, so do they "look" at a larger part of the mirror box probably ?
Anyway, I inspected it carefully and I don't see any dust or hair.

I'm tempted to believe in a shutter or mirror problem, more even so because it
only seems to happen at speeds from 1/15 to 1/60. But can the experts (John ? Clint ?)
confirm if the flying shutter strings problem really happens to the OM-4 ?

Original answer from William, but it is a color image, from color print film.
However, the idea of the film bending is probably not far off, I inspected the
pressure plate and it looks ok. I don't really suspect the developer, it would
appear on more pictures I think.

Thanks to those who loved the picture, BTW, if you don't love it, say it too,
but tell me why, maybe there is something to learn for me ;-)
And have a look at the other pictures on my site as will, if you like.

Cheers,