Re: [OM] arc in images, OM-4, 85mm

Subject: Re: [OM] arc in images, OM-4, 85mm
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:48:52 -0700
-snip

I'm tempted to believe in a shutter or mirror problem, more even so because it
only seems to happen at speeds from 1/15 to 1/60. But can the experts (John ? Clint ?)
confirm if the flying shutter strings problem really happens to the OM-4 ?

Original answer from William, but it is a color image, from color print film.
However, the idea of the film bending is probably not far off, I inspected the
pressure plate and it looks ok. I don't really suspect the developer, it would
appear on more pictures I think.

Thanks to those who loved the picture, BTW, if you don't love it, say it too,
but tell me why, maybe there is something to learn for me ;-)
And have a look at the other pictures on my site as will, if you like.

Cheers,

 Wim Verheyen, Houthalen, Belgium, wimwim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 The Aemit modular analog home, The Kurzweil K2000/K2500 Atomium
 http://gallery.uunet.be/wimwim/

This John Hermonson reply from the archives:

Shutter strings have been a common problem in OM-PC, 2S, 3, 4 and all
variations.  The string isn't actually broken, but it hangs into the picture
area when slack is introduced.  When the string breaks, the shutter may not
work at all aside from the fact that the curtain will be all wrinkled and
crooked.

John

--
Winsor Crosby