[OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions

Subject: [OM] QA310 & OM1 1.5 conv. questions
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:56:12 -0400
Two questions:

1)What size resistor needs to be soldered into the battery circuit of an OM-1 to convert it to 1.5v silver-oxide battery use? Does the resistor get patched in to the + or - wire? I had a CLA done on an OM-1 about a year ago, but the conversion was not done & I'm fed up with hunting for Wein cells. I want to buy batteries at WallMart if needs be. Is that crazy of me??? :) I figure removing the bottom plate & soldering in the appropriate Radio Shack resistor on the appropriate wire OUGHT to be within my abilities. If not, maybe I should mail my engineering degree back to the university... lol

2) Does anyone have a DOA Quick Auto 310 they're willing to send to me for parts? I'm willing to buy it & cover shipping if it's not that unreasonable as I need some cosmetic items like a new LED for the auto-check light and a new flash lens to replace my cracked one. I really don't care if the battery compartment is corroded beyond all recognition and the case is split in two... so long as the lens is not beat up and the auto-check lamp works ok :) I nany event, I'd like to get by BG1 & QA310 combo back into shape to use with the aforementioned OM-1 as a back-up unit to my BG-2 setup.

Feel free to contact me off list (or on list) if you can help.  Thanks!

-Mike