[OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:50:43 +1200
Hi guys & gals,

Well, I wondered how long it would last.  Keeping the two new locations of
the eSIF files an in-house secret to this group, I mean.

Doesn't take long; one or two postings of the URLs on eBay (which I have
seen), and other sellers pick the URL up and also use it. Then news gets out
and use spreads.

It's already happened, unfortunately. Now it is quite possible for the problems
that caused the demise of the original arrangement, to cause the same
problem at the new locations.

For those not up with the play, every download from a site costs the owner of
the site money. Those electrons cost.

Further, what also happened, is that the sheer volume of simultaneous
downloads can overwhelm the ability of the host server and lines to cope,
denying access to other users.

For the sake of the group having continued access to the data; please do not
place the URLs on advertisements.

Brian