[OM] E(vil)bay reaches out to the Zuikoholics

Subject: [OM] E(vil)bay reaches out to the Zuikoholics
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 14:14:13 -0700 (PDT)
In spite of all the hard times and the ribbings we on this list
have given to the on-line auction site E(vil)bay, I think they
have made an effort to reach out to us and win us over.  I was
looking at my copy of PC Magazine and there is an ad by E*bay,
the subject this time is "Photographic equipment".  And there,
right in the middle of the two (half) page spread, is a black
OM-1 (could be an OM-2, but I think I spot a hint of the mirror
lock-up knob on the side) with all the markings removed.  No
hot shoe, on the front is a silver-nosed Zuiko 50/1.4 lens
(again, with no brand markings).

So we must all give E(vil)bay credit for trying to reach out to
us.  Considering that they once tried to de-list Olympus as a
specific SLR group, I wonder what made them decide to use an
Olympus camera to represent the film camera category (along
with a C*n*n digital Elph, a P*l*roid instant camera, and
others).