Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: "Pete Prunskunas" <pyotr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:44:10 -0600
>How long do you stare at the eSIF CD? I use it to occasionally
>look up an item or two to learn about that item, or, if I'm
>considering purchasing something, say, to see if it is compatible
>with another part of the system, etc. I don't view it for hours on
>end. I've never seen the yellow as an annoyance, maybe you're
>just more sensitive to it, you're the only one I've heard mention it...

Perhaps it is because of my background as a user-interface designer.  Not
to be snobby, but I do not refer to website design, but real user-interfaces
such as those used on board the international space station.  It is an accepted
fact that certain colors cause after-effects.  The classic example of what NOT
to do is a saturated red background with royal blue text, or vice versa.  Any
human factors textbook will use this or a related example of poor user-interface
design.  Microsoft has quite a few published documents on the subject as well.
The fact that you are not bothered by the background color does not change
the fact that most people are bothered by the use of such color schemes.

Pete