Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) New locations of the eSIF files.
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:58:17 -0700
I kinda like the yellow.

If you recall the start of this thread, it was about how to remain 'unsuccessful', since excess success killed off the last site.

Yes, I've designed successful user interfaces. Yes, I regularly broke the design rules. Yes, one of them is in daily use by all the top execs of a Fortune 500 company. It is much loved by the users because it crams lots of useful data onto each page and has no pull down menus and doesn't ever require them to click on a box to type. I wrote it outside of IT and they would love to change it, to meet standards, but the people who use it outrank them and won't let them mess it up.

No I have never used a bright yellow background, but I will defend the right of independent, unpaid volunteers to write them and of grateful users to like them.

Moose

Bland may be boring to you, but it is
highly usable, and more importantly, highly successful.