Re: [OM] Its not a good day...

Subject: Re: [OM] Its not a good day...
From: "John Ockman" <jrockman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:14:19 -0400
Andrea,
I would never hang my 300 off my camera. It is just too much weight for the mount. Im was just using it yesterday, and was thing about how much balanced the whole setup is when you mount the lens to the tripod. I had my 24 mounted on my 4t, and it mounted on the tripod, and left the mount in the same place while I changed over to the 300, and then remounted the tripod to the lens. The flex I felt while doing all this made me think that next time I will mount the 300 to the tripod first, and then the body on to the lens. I also hand-held the combination, but it was a bright day, and I was using Portra 160VC, and getting speeds of 1/500 sec at times.
John

On Tue, 28 May 2002 18:08:15 -0700