Re: [OM] Kodak processing

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak processing
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 09:08:48 -0700
In a message dated 5/29/2002 John Hermanson wrote:

<< I just noticed that Kodak now returns processed slides in slide
pages, no more little yellow box. >>

That's not good. As was mentioned, it is a PITA to remove from the
sleeves to transfer "keepers" into archival slide pages for starters.
Worse yet, I have it on very good authority (i.e. friends who work for
the lab I use including the head of maintenance) to *never* go with the
sleeve option for my E-6 (they give you the choice of plastic boxes or
sleeves) because the automatic slide sleeving machines are notorious for
gobbling slides by the bunches. The mounting machines are bad enough (I
loose at least one slide out of every 40-50 rolls processed) but the
sleeving machines are supposedly much worse. This lab is a very high
quality consumer and pro lab that uses excellent equipment that is well
maintained, and they are Kodak "Q-Lab" certified.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com