Re: [OM] New acquisition

Subject: Re: [OM] New acquisition
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 07:38:44 -0500
At 12:16 PM 5/31/2002 +0100, you wrote:
Jon, I'm sure you'll love the lens. I got one via a list enabler just before Christmas and I thoroughly enjoy using it. Goes everywhere with me now. I used to use my 28mm lens almost exclusively but the 135 is getting more and more use.

Yes, even a republican like me will enjoy the four day weekend, even if I won't necessarily be celebrating the continuing reign of our Queen! I intend to spend one day on urban photography, and three days relaxing.

Cheers,
Roger

An interesting and refreshing use of the term "republican." Over here in the rebellious colonies the word hasn't meant anything like that for a long, long time.

OM content but off the subject line: Someone asked about a zoom in the 60-300 range. I haven't seen anyone mention my favorite, the Tokina SZ-X 60-300/4. It is not a true f4 lens as there seems to be a drop off of about 1/2 stop at the long end, but this lens is amazingly light and quite sharp and contrasty. I cover the range in other ways, too, but I have to say this lens has quelled my lust for a Zuiko 65-200, for example. Handholding is no problem, doesn't break the lens mount when used with tripod. I got mine for $99 US.

Joel W.