Re: [OM] published OM/Zuiko shot

Subject: Re: [OM] published OM/Zuiko shot
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 21:33:13 -0500
Cc: "Bill Barber" <NSURIT@xxxxxxx>
----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Congratulations and well done!  I remember the photograph; it tells its
own
> story very well.
>
> -- John

Thanks, John.  The shot that you remember does indeed tell a story - but
that wasn't the story that the photo editor was interested in.  She picked a
different shot that addressed the Apache instead of the shoot.  This despite
submission under Bill Barber's brilliant title: "Chopperazzi!"  The lesson
learned here is to shoot several approaches of an assignment, in case the
editor sees things differently than you do.

Incidentally, I probably jumped the gun in my excitement.  I've only found
the new issue in the library, not in any of the several newsstands that I've
checked.  It appears that subscribers get a head start on those who buy the
magazine off the street.  And, the feature does not appear in their web site
preview of this issue (www.airspacemag.com).

Regards,
Gary Edwards