[OM] Re: Digital Oly potraits: Eddie Cat again

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Oly potraits: Eddie Cat again
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:56:35 -0700
Nice shots Stephen. Good enough to get my cat allergies going ;-) (Actually
more like from all the dust and pollen from a very windy weekend at Laguna
Seca.)

Anyway, you wrote:

<< P.S. Mike V.: I want to see those pix from CART at Laguna when you get
them up! :-) >>

Okay, okay...here's the link to what I have up so far:
http://www.motorsportvisions.com/lscart02/index.htm

Yes, these are all digital. This time all are tweaked for levels and had
some unsharp mask. All are resized to 800 pixels wide for web viewing.

I'll be editing and scanning slides over the course of the week, the digital
was first priority for web site publication. It was a great weekend. I'm
finally feeling like I am starting to gain control of the E-10.

I noticed quite a few there shooting both film and digital. Seems like the
trend to a digital switch is fading. Most are shooting both. One guy who I
have seen over the years was shooting with a Pentax 6x7 ("I like big
prints"), now there's a hefty one to pan with. Mostly Can*n and Nik*n out
there as usual, except for the one person shooting with Leica R5s with big
bombin' Leitz glass (I kid you not). It seems the rapid rush towards
shooting digital has tapered off, almost everyone was shooting some film.

I'm seriously thinking about the bike races there next month BTW...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com