Re: [OM] Heads, tripod, of course

Subject: Re: [OM] Heads, tripod, of course
From: Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:46:54 +0200
The 410 is the best head I know and the 405 looks very similar on the
Manfrotto website
http://www.manfrotto.com/home/latest/news2.html?id=104
but it still has that huge quick release plate.  Keeping that plate on an
OM body must double the weight!  I have the 410 on my shopping list and I
was thinking about adding the small QR plate
http://www.manfrotto.com/products/metric/botfot3.html?menu=botfot2.html&menu1=botfot2.html&sectionid=2&subsectionid=3&categoryid=12&subcategoryid=49&man_code=323&company=MNO&doc_from=gerarchia&contatore=primo
on top of the big plate.  Then the small plate stays on the camera and the
tripod/head gains the extra weight.
Or does anyone know a competing geared head (with a similar beautiful
micrometer adjustment) from another supplier?
br
jez

"Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@Zuiko.sls.bc.ca on 12/06/2002
04:31:19