Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!

Subject: Re: [OM] Someone's making OM Caps!
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:50:11 -0700

dreammoose wrote:

I just received my caps. They are amazingly good reproductions. I compared the "business end" to 4 Oly caps The Beljan's are identical to a couple of the Olys and better machined (appearance only, not function) than the other 2 Olys. The also fit perfectly on the 3 cameras I tried. I got 2 black caps and 1 chrome (since that's the number of uncovered MD ports I had). The chrome finish is simply perfect. One of the black ones is also perfect, slightly shinier than the bottom plate on the camera I tried and exactly as shiny and subtly uneven as the original Oly battery cap.. The other has a slight pebbly look, but even at that, it looks better than the bottom plate of the camera it is going on.

I've put up some comparison pictures of the caps.
I've also put up some water pics that didn't end up in TOPE 10 for your comments and enjoyment <http://home.attbi.com/0.000000E+00dreammoose/wsb/index.html> . They are on the third page.

Moose

John Hermanson wrote:

I'd really like to see what the other side of the md cap looks like as that
is the "business end".