[OM] D. O. F. Plane?

Subject: [OM] D. O. F. Plane?
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:54:58 +0200
Hi!
First TOPE 10 is great! Thanks to Olaf and the participators.

Entry 9 of TOPE 10, got me thinking of math and linear algebra, sorry if
this disturbs anyone. Anyway, the d.o.f. must be a 3D-space, where the exact
focus is a plane more or less in the center, and by tilting the camera, much
like on a large format camera, one could more or less get at horizontal or
at least tilted focus?

Is this how the shift lenses work?
Sorry to disturb you on a Sunday. Anyway this might be one of my last
posting for the summer. Next week I will go to the island of Gotland for the
whole summer, first 3 weeks a photography course and after that finishing my
master thesis. This will happen in a broadband free environment so I'll be
switching to digest mode any day now.

Have a nice summer, if you are on the southern hemisphere, I envy you if you
are close to snow, my skies stands in the corner complaining abot low TLC.

Happy shooting // Johan

--
"Tell the world what we think of those mindless suburban drones that insist
on getting 8 mpg while driving their kids to soccer practice. Join us as we