RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing 65-200

Subject: RE: [OM] OM Lens browsing 65-200
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:55:43 +1000 (EST)
Hi Harry

>I have this problem on my 65-200 mm Ian. It zooms out just by holding it
>towards the ground.  But I dont know just where to look for those screws
>you mentioned. How to take the rubber ring off? its seems pretty tight fit
>on the lens barrel.

This lens is a bit more involved, if you take the rubber off the zoom/focus
collar, there are a series of small screws you need to remove, this will
allow you to remove the zoom/focus collar, could be under that.
Its been a while since I've disassembled a 65-200.

And I'm not about to pull the one I have now apart, if I
remember, they are a pain to get back together.

A warning here to, I think from memory, now I think about it, it
is the normal friction between the barrels in the section towards
the fron tof the lense, so it maybe that it needs to be cleaned and
regreased with the thick stuff.

Hopefully someone else here can be more helpful, I would
take it, or send it to someone to CLA.

Cheers
Ian Manners