Re: [OM] ebay lens seen for sale

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay lens seen for sale
From: "Ian Manners" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:44:56 +1000 (EST)
Hi alias :-)  (Gary)

Sorry about asking if you were dangerous, the way the original
post was made I wasnt sure of its meaning.

Its a bit embarrasing to think that I've been in the computer
and networking industry for almost 20 years, and never been
on any photography list until recently, and even though I got
my first Olympus OM2 in 1982, I really dont know about others
in/on the camera scene.

>I've watched technikcamera over the years and they represent the latter.
>It would appear to me that the first guy to be hired to do eBay auctions
>(Jeff) got hired to clean out the store of its junk.  Later it was a
>Mike who handled the auctions.  Concurrently, they went from

Mike is the one who sent the T45 to me, by post, no insurance,
after I asked for UPS & Insured (not US Postal Service with no
insurance)

>guaranteeing their auctions to selling "as-is." They are still cleaning
        <clipped>
>venues.

It is labour intensive, you should try explaining the concept that
a website is a sales tool, and it won't make you a lot of money....
or at least not in the first 3-6 months, sigh, people still dont listen....

>I suspect the as-is language was in effect when you bought your T-45?

as-is yes but also told it was in excellent condition and worked but
with dud NiCads, which I was fine with, Mike shipped it with the
battery charger in one plastic bag (yes, together), in a box only
half full of foam bubbles, so the whole thing was very loose, and
arrived two months after it was supposedly sent :-(

>Count yourself lucky if it works.  Peruse their feedback and you will
>find other OM List subscribers who have had varying levels of
>satisfaction, including myself: "much better than expected from a brick
>and mortar store."

Talking to someone else about tecknic, the upshot is, the closer you
are to the store, the better the service, ie, if you are in the US they
are probably great, all it needed really was some better packing,
and I could ignore the other problems.

>BTW, I'm appreciate of the supporting statments from other OM List
>subscribers.

Sounds like you are deserving of it :-)

> Shameless plug: I also have up for auction a few lenses
>which have been talked about here in recent weeks:

What I'm really after is a working T45, not fussed about
cosmetics or batteries, as long as it works.

Thanks for your reply :-)

Cheers
Ian Manners