Re: [OM] Re: archive slide scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: archive slide scanning
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:24:27 -0400
>Just explaining the downfalls of JPG - a lot of people don't seem to
>know about the compression.

Conrad<

Yeah, you're right.  Sorry if I seemed testy, but my post RE Benson's
problem with his new HP S20 scanner wasn't in reference to archiving his
slides, but just to give a bit of information about my use of the thing.
To me, "archiving," means scanning slides and then discarding them, and I
hope nobody's even considering that.  The best scanner, even the $40,000
drum scanners, ain't that good yet, and for sure no digital format is
either.  Analog forever!

Walt