RE: [OM] you guys talk a lot! (long)

Subject: RE: [OM] you guys talk a lot! (long)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 10:00:03 +1000
> Bill Pearce [mailto:bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> The first step in this system is previsualization, but in a
> book or class, this amounts to something like, "Find something
> you want to photograph, and imagine what you want the photo to
> look like."

FWIW, Bill, I've always thought the term "previsualisation" was
just another fancy-schmancy term until recently (keeping in mind
I'm a learning beginner). Your quote about it, however, is *right*
on the money for me, and explains to me why my photography has,
in recent times, started moving up in standard again (I felt on
a plateau for some time). It's still not the best, but I can see
progress again and that's what's important to me to continue
enjoying the art and craft.

For me, it's a nice, succinct quote to start taking photographs from,
even though it undoubtedly sounds obvious for the more talented
photograpers here. It reminds me of learning to ski - people can
say "snowplough", and tell you what to do, but it takes the mind
and body to click (no, not broken bones <g>) to get the response
of "Ahhhhh, now I get it!" (and so on, through the lurning curve,
until your edging those GS turns and no longer skiing, but flying
in your mind).

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz