RE: [OM] manipulation

Subject: RE: [OM] manipulation
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:09:34 -0700
 > Barry B. Bean [mailto:bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
 Even if you simply set up a camera in the middle of
 a field and set the shutter to go off at random intervals,
 you've already manipulated the outcome by choosing that
 particular field, that particular day, that particular
 focal length, and that particular film.

It's funny, but I was rumenating on that just this morning on
the way to work. Just as we leave the city proper, we go
past Sydney University. Right on Parramatta Road (one of
*the* major arterials into the city, and general a car
park when we're on it), is a little sandstone cottage, with
a 3m hedge (which you can see through) surrounding it. I
"previsualised" taking a photo of it on a misty morning,
from just inside the hedge on the Parramatta Road side,
and getting this lovely, serene scene of old architecture
that could be, and would *seem* to be, in some country
town outside of the city (like Oberon, where we go to
get away from it all, 3 hours west).

-snip

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz

I knew 3M made adhesives, and films.  Didn't know they were branching
out into landscaping.  :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California