[OM] ( OM) About OM-ignorant sales-people & 2nd-hand OM gear

Subject: [OM] ( OM) About OM-ignorant sales-people & 2nd-hand OM gear
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:50:34 +1200
Hi,

I haven't actually found any like the ones being complained of just now, but I
think these days, that I would feign innocent surprise and say something like
this, when they asked why I was interested in such out-of -date old stuff.

" Oh - Olympus gear is *really* great. It's quality you don't find in new
cameras any more. Highly sought after now, of course, and not too easy to
find.  I'm surprised you didn't know that.  You must be pulling my leg.".

"Camera shops that are in the know make sure they don't miss out on this".

Just to make the point and irk them.

Brian