Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:06:09 +0800
If you are searching for 35-70/3.6 and 65-200, please take extreme
care in the inspection of the lens element inside. The 35-70/3.6 has a
common problem of element separation on a rear lens group. The 65-200
has a common problem of an inside element (also rear group) getting
oil vapor on the surface, when long enough without attention, the
element will permanent damage. I found two 35-70/3.6 and two 65-200
has these problem and hard the same problem from my friends too.

A month ago I bought a 65-200 from Wall Street Camera from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1353075170

The problem is far more serious than described and it does not focus
to infinity. They gave wrong description on the lens and I asked for
return, I got a RMA number and shipped the lens for two weeks but
didn't hard anything from them after sending two emails. (They used to
response very quick when I ask for payment details) I'm very
disappointed with this company.

C.H.Ling