Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Decent sites for OM equipment?
From: Tal Lancaster <talrmr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:22:22 -0700
On Tue, 02 Jul 2002 11:25:36 +0200 (CEST)
T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Tal,
>
> A bunch of strictly subjective  and very much "my personal
> opinion" comments below.

[snip]

> > OM4Ti
>
> IMO, the only gain you'll get over your OM2n is spot-metering. Can be
> a fine thing, but just don't underestimate your OM2n. It's a beautiful
> camera :)

Yes it is.  The spot metering is the reason I am wanting to upgrade.

> I have an OM4 (non-ti) and while it is a nice body, it is my
> second-least used one. I prefer the OM2s/p.
>
> > Zuiko 35-70mm F3.6
>
> A good lens. I recently acquired one, which has a few quirks. However
> I believe this to be my sample (and I am told that a visit to the
> OM-doctor should cure mine). Heavy, though, and not that compact. But
> the pictures I've taken with it are sharp and good.

Are there any of the other zooms in the aprox. 35-70mm range that people
would recommend over this one?

C.H. Ling's post has made me a little more hesitant on picking up one of
these.

[Snipped, lots of great feedback...]

--
Tal Lancaster