Re: [OM] Color Slide Film -- Differences

Subject: Re: [OM] Color Slide Film -- Differences
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 14:00:43 -0700
I normally buy my Provia F from B&H now, ever since my local lab was no
longer able to get (and give me) great prices on the "5 roll pro-packs." B&H
offers both "Imported" and "USAW" versions of Provia F.

Earlier this year I bought the "20 roll pro-pack" from B&H and clicked the
"USAW" version (slightly higher price than the "Import" version). In the box
were 20 loose rolls of Provia F (in canisters of course) with a note
explaining that this USAW grade film was taken from a larger container
because they were out of the 20 roll pro packs. (Yeah right...whatever, I
shot the stuff and it worked fine, no worries.)

After that experience I decided to save a few bucks and opted for the
"Import" version for my next 20 roll pro-pack. Low and behold what arrived
as a nice sealed 20 roll pro-pack box from Fuji USA for the lesser price.

I realize this thread is regarding Kodak originaly. I thought I would toss
this out there, though, for those of us who use Fuji and buy from B&H. In my
experience it didn't matter which box I clicked when ordering (USAW or
Import), aside from cost that is.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com