RE: [OM][OT] Craft vs. Art

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Craft vs. Art
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:01:15 -0500
>===== Original Message From Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>Jim Tempe wrote:
>
>>Saint-Saens is my favorite.  The Seattle Symphony has a fairly new venue,
>>and to hear them perform the Organ Symphony with the Watjen organ opened up
>>is a life changing experience.
>
>Try the Saint-Saens piano concertos on CD by  Stephen Hough for a jaw
>dropping experience.
>--
>Winsor Crosby
>Long Beach, California

Very little of Saint-Saens that is not delectable. I think he was a polymath?
I believe he even wrote a book of philosophy (always meant to look for it but
never have).  All my knowledge of music (other than listening and playing,
that is) is derived from album covers!

Don't know if he was also a photographer, but I'm sure he'd have preferred the
35-80/2.8 to the 35-70/3.6. ;-)

Any other oboists on list?

Joel W.