[OM] Camera repair in UK

Subject: [OM] Camera repair in UK
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:13:59 +0100
UK Members of the List

I have just had my OM2SP back from Colchester Cameras, where I sent
it for repair of the flash sytem (it did not fire the flash) and a
service.  The chap had dismantled it and reset the shutter speeds and
generally cleaned it (as well as making sure that the flash worked)
... but the flash shoe was still loose.  I rang them and asked if
they should not have tightened the flash shoe and they apologised for
the oversight.

They have taken back the camera at their cost to remedy the
oversight.  Although they slipped up, they get my vote for sorting it
out anyway.

My problem is: the flash probably worked before I sent it back, but
the contacts on the T32 were dirty.  I have just used an ink eraser
on the contacts and all is better again with the T32.  I wish I had
thought of that before I sent the camera off.

Chris
--
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker