[OM] ( OM ) Sort of - Projector lenses

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Sort of - Projector lenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:05:39 +1200
Hi folk,

I have had an offer of a Agfa Agolon 1:2.5/90mm MC projector lens.  (Which I
had never heard of before - but no matter; there are probably hundreds I have
never heard of before)

The owner, who is also selling a Leitz Colorplan, says it will fit my projector
very well.

He also says

"Unlike the plain Colorplan, this lens is multicoated and it has 5
elements (so it is in the same class with Leica Super Colorplan 90mm 1:2.5
lens, which is slightly better than the 4 element Colorplan; touted by Leica to
be the equivalent of the Apo lenses in projection). It is a flat field lens,
the
best lens you should get for general slide projection (go to www.kodak.com
for some recommendations on their lenses). Metal mount, heavy, probably
made by Rodenstock, Schneider, Isco, Docter or another German maker on
contract for Agfa (prominently marked "Made in Germany")
This lens is like new and I even have the original box for it; you can have it
for US$90 ..... "

If you have any experience of this lens, or have any report on it, I'd be very
pleased to know how it is rated.

I'm not keen to buy a pig-in-a-poke which this one could turn out to be. Just
because a lens has 5 elements and is MC doesn't necessarily mean that it
was ground well to give a sharp image.

Thanks,

Brian