[OM] Re: 65-200 f4 Zoom ...

Subject: [OM] Re: 65-200 f4 Zoom ...
From: "Reuben Acciano" <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 08:43:13 -0500
Zuiks,

Re: the 65-200 f4 Zoom.

Yes, this is a great, under-rated lens, and I have one for sale because I
simply do not use it.
This lens is abolutely, utterly MINT. Bought three years ago, used twice, it
must go, because I
need to invest in a good wide/super-wide (anyone got a "spare" 21 3.5 or 28 f2
floating
around ???) Or, hell - George (Shihanian) if you're reading this, I'll swap
this baby for your
Tokina ATX 24-40 ... I simply don't use my long end; anything portraity is
handled by my 85 f2,
and anything longer than that, by my (dusted off about once a year) Sigma APO
500mm f5.6.

Thus:

Zuiko 65-200 f4 Zoom in SHOWROOM condition - asking US$180 - (or swap/part
purchase
towards Zuiko superwide/ in perfect mechanical condition, don't care
cosmetics).

I recently concluded a sale with UK list member Andy Gilbert who, I'm fairly
sure, will vouch
for my reliability. I wasn't able to give him the best price in the world, but
my description of the
35mm f2 I sent him was dead-accurate. This 65-200 is PRISTINE.

Also, - just my 0.02 - I've owned and used both the 24 f2 and f2.8 and actually
reckon the 2.8
is a better performer, overall, for what I do. I got rid of my f2 at a great
price on this list about 2
years ago. Certainly a good lens, but the size/weight issue didn't offset the
relatively small
gains in performance, where it only seemed to outperform the 2.8 at close
focussing
distances. Give me smaller anyday ...Travel light, travel light, travel light

Reply off list if interested, guys.

Cheers.
Reuben ACCIANO
Perth, Western Australia.