Re: [OM] Ritz dumping OM equipment?

Subject: Re: [OM] Ritz dumping OM equipment?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 12:25:39 EDT
I'm sure Olympus doesn't even want the stuff back from the dealers, and even
if they do take it back, they'll probably credit the store peanuts, instead
of the $1800 price tag. The guy should make a deal with you. I guess they
feel whatever credit they get from Olympus they'll put to good use on their
digital camera line, instead of keeping $1800 bodies sitting on a shelf until
the lubrication dries up.

George S.

l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

So, I asked how much they wanted for the OM-3t
and he checked the computer and said $1800.  I told him that he should
consider giving me a deep discount, but somewhat over their costs, and make
some money on the body instead of returning it.  He said that they couldn't
do that - it was against company policy.  I didn't ask him if he had any
focusing screens.

Later,
Johnny