Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens and camera test pages etc

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Lens and camera test pages etc
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 14:23:32 -0700
I for one certainly find them interesting and informative and appreciate your efforts in posting them. Particularly useful to me is the posting of tests of some significant third party lenses that aren't available on Gary's site or elsewhere on the web along with tests from the same sources of Zuiko lenses for which Gary's tests are available and with which many of us are personally familiar. To me they certainly do augment, rather than compete with, the other resources you mention.

You have already put to bed from my perspective a question that has been floating around for a long time. The tests of the Samyang 18-28 and Vivitar/Phoenix 19-35 clearly define the performance differences. I also found the Tamron SP 17mm and 90mm macro tests useful.

Do you take requests? I'd be particularly interested in the Tamron SP 35-105/2.8 that is often mentioned as a less costly alternative the the Zuiko 35-80. Others of interest to me are the Tamron SP 60-300/3.8-5.4 and 28-200/3.8-5.6, the Tokina AT-X 150-500/5.6 and the Kiron 105/2.8 macro if they are available in your collection.

Moose

Brian Swale wrote:

Firstly, I started these before I found those excellent tests performed by a group member and which many of us put high reliance on, and before I found other excellent pages of lens and body data on OM gear. My intention is not to compete in any way with those excellent works. Rather, since the information I post was once available in shops and maybe in some places still in libraries, I want to continue the availability to interested (OM) photographers. I see them (the pages) just as another dimension to the resources that this group has available to it and I hope people find them of some use. Not replacing or competing, but augmenting.