[OM] any OM4Ti leads?

Subject: [OM] any OM4Ti leads?
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:44:18 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>How bad really is the battery drain on the OM4s?  They seem to be much
>easier to find and for much cheaper.
>
>Tal

I have a couple of the dreaded "battery eating" OM-4s.  It's not a really
big deal if -- and this is an important "if" -- you use the correct
batteries, the silver 357s.  I'm getting an average of 6-8 months on a
pair.  Since they're about 70 cents apiece (58 cents each for the
batteries, plus shipping) that amounts to under $3 a year, less than the
cost of a roll of cheap film.  And if you're really tight, you can always
take them out when the camera's not in use.

I also have a pair of OM-4Ti's and one OM-4T.  Except for using the F280
flash, there's no real day-in, day-out advantage to them over the plain ol'
OM-4, one of which in good condition could be a real bargain.

Walt