[OM] New galleries at schiffler.net

Subject: [OM] New galleries at schiffler.net
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:48:45 +0200
Hi,

it's been some days since my last entry but time is short at the moment.
Nevertheless I worked myself through a bunch of slides and created a new
gallery for www.schiffler.net called 'soccer final'. Some of you ;-) might
know that there was the FIFA World Cup soccer final in Japan last sunday and
I took some shots of celebrating brazilians and germans in Cologne.

That day I learned why auto exposure, auto focus and a winder might be
useful ;-)
Sometimes it was quite annoying with just my OM-1. I lost many great
subjects because focusing and/or exposure setting took too much time. You
have to move fast and somtimes just shoot 'blind' but it was great fun and
the atmosphere was amazing.
BTW I love my Tokina 80-200/f2.8 ;-) (I also had the Zuiko 21/f3.5 and a
50/f1.8 in my bag)

These are not primarily aesthetical but I hope they give a slight impression
of the great atmosphere.
Imagine percussion music and hundreds of people shouting and singing
together...
http://www.schiffler.net/foto/specials/ger_brazil/index.htm

I also did some minor rework on the existing galleries. As a result I
created the 'sunset sessions'. A bunch of sunsetty images I shot over the
past few months. Here's the link:
http://www.schiffler.net/foto/specials/sunsets/index.htm

You might also notice my OM-link list but don't be disappointed... there's
nothing tremendously new.
http://www.schiffler.net/links.html

I hope you enjoy some of the photographs
Jochen