Re: [OM] How to find cheap replacement OM-4?

Subject: Re: [OM] How to find cheap replacement OM-4?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:07:17 EDT
My first bit of advice is: Stop stressing the word "cheap". You buy cheap
shit, you get cheap shit.  There's too many people out there (such as on
eBay) that are just looking to unload crap, without a care as to your
happiness with the item. Ask here first, people will steer you toward
reliable sellers if they themselves don't have what you're looking for. John
at www.zuiko.com, Tom Scales at www.zuikoholic.com, or anyone else here will
treat you right. Tom's site even shows an OM-4 available in your price range.
(BTW- I still have a mint OM-2S available that hasn't gone to eBay yet)

Good Luck,
George S.

Hi, after borrowing my brothers OM-4 for a year he now wants it back
(understandably..) This was an well-used black OM-4 with the new circuit
with a lot of brassing. I've tried to look at ebay and different
web-sites for a cheap well-worn camera, but all I find is nearly-mint
condition collector-cameras. The OM-4 that my brother got did not cost
more than $230 and is working just fine.

Also, what wide-angle (24mm/28mm) are cheap?

I`ve tried the links to shops found on Skip Williams excellent page, but
many of the links are dead. Also, the prices from 99-01 at that site
(average prices) seem to be cheap when compared to what I found recently
at web-pages. Are no one just using the OM-cameras and not collecting
it? (probably not the right place to ask... :-)