Re: [OM] Karsh, was Photographic manipulation rants

Subject: Re: [OM] Karsh, was Photographic manipulation rants
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:39:43 -0400
I was just on the phone to the Isabelle R___  613 995-1312 at Canada's
National Archives. She informs me that you can make appointments to see
Karsh's negatives (& POP proofs) and request watermarked 8x10 research-
only prints. If you want good display prints, you have to contact
Karsh's agents, since he did not sell the copyrights to the Archives.

Tom

On Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 17:07, Tom Trottier <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "Re: [OM]  Karsh, was Photographic m" saying:

> On Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 16:01, mms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote re "[OM]  Karsh, was Photographic
> manipulation rants" saying:
>
> > Tom Trottier wrote:
> >
> > > When I worked for Yosuf Karsh 40 years ago
> >
> > Well, I'll be a....  I had no idea, Tom.  I'd like to hear more
> > about this.  I'd also like to see that Bardot negative.
>
> Canada's National Archives bought all his negatives, prints and papers
> in 1987 and 1995. You can visit & see. Call ahead:
> http://www.archives.ca/09/09_e.html
>
> > Did he really steal Churchill's cigar?
>
> Yep - that's why Winston looked so angry.
> Karsh thought cigars were undignified for great men.
>
> > Morgan

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714