[OM] Sticky apertue on 50mm/1.4

Subject: [OM] Sticky apertue on 50mm/1.4
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:20:51 +0200
Hi,

I couldn't resist and got a Zuiko 50mm/1.4 (1163137) with caps and bag from
bay. (I know, I already expect a 1.4 from Tom but ...well, you know). The
price was 53,- Euro and I thought it's quite ok because the seller said
'technical and optical absolutely top condition, no marks on glass'.

The glass is really in excellent condition and there is nearly no cosmetical
wear (not even on the mount ring). Bad luck when I found it suffers from
sluggish diaphragm (maybe used too seldom?). The blades look clean but move
sluggish and sometimes even stay closed for a second or do not open
completely when I use the preview button. Closing might be ok but opening is
unreliable.

In the archives I found a message describing how it might be fixed.
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/archives/1999/msg13188.html

Should I keep the lens, ask for a refund and try to fix it or should I
return it?
Seems a refund of 15-20 Euro realistic?

Thanx
Jochen