Re: [OM] Taxes , V.A.T. etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Taxes , V.A.T. etc
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:05:26 +0100
Cy, Buying from the States is a BIG gamble! I have had one good buy on an
OM4t which was NOT picked up by the Thought Police (glancing over his
shoulder as he types this)...Taxes etc would have added approx £150 to the
deal ! Deals from within the E.C. do not get clobbered apparently.
      Another problem is insurance.....I was about to send 4 camera bodies
to John H. Post Office told me that they could not insure to U.S because
there was no agreement, and that insurance was void when goods left the
country they were sent from. So bodies will travel with me and be sent from
U.S. in a 3weeks.
         It is a shame......when you factor in costs things are no cheaper.
           I tend to get items to be sent to my sis in the States when I am
going to visit - or for someone to bring over if they are coming accross!
Regards,John Duggan, Wales, UK.